Monday, July 2, 2012

Week 26 - The Night The Lights Went Out

Ladies and gentlemen.  Children of all ages.  I have done it.  They said it couldn't be done.  Well, actually, no one said that. But, for argument's sake (and for the sense of drama) let's just say that people said it couldn't be done.  

Today I have reached the half-way point of my project with my 26th ten minute play. 26 plays.  At an average play length of 10 pages, that is 260 pages of work that I have generated from my little brain so far in 2012.   260 pages of work from someone who thought she wasn't a playwright.  Well.  I guess I proved myself wrong.

The project is not over.  Not by a long shot.  But I am at the half-way point and it feels good.  Week 26's play is called The Night The Lights Went Out and was inspired by the freak storm and power outage that plunged most of Virginia into darkness this past weekend.  A power outage proves ominous for a couple living in Northern Virginia....

No comments:

Post a Comment