Monday, June 25, 2012

Week 25 - Grandpa's New Harley

Next week I will hit Week 26 of this project.  Which will mean that I've been doing this project for (Lord help me) half a year.  I feel like I need to do something to celebrate.  I'm not sure what that is.  I think I'm going to print out all my plays thus far because it still doesn't feel real to me.  I don't feel like I've written 25 separate plays (26 next week) since the beginning of this year.  I need some tangible evidence.


In my previous post, I wrote about how I felt that it was getting harder and harder to write each week.  I supposed that my creative well was rapidly drying up.  One of my friends (and a playwright himself) Dan Kennedy wrote on my Facebook wall "When the well dries, you begin to be creative."  I thought that was a pretty profound observation (thanks Dan.)  So this week, I took time out to just sit.  And think.  And imagine something new. And I did create something.  The well, as it turns out, wasn't dry at all.  I just had to sit and let things marinate a bit.  Week 25's play is Grandpa's New Harley.   

No comments:

Post a Comment