Monday, June 4, 2012

Week 22 - The Wondrous Machine

Hello rabid play-readers (or playwriting blog readers.)  :)  I have a big audition coming up on Wednesday.  Writing this week's play was a bit difficult because I have been rehearsing my monologues all week and the words of Shakespeare and Shaw have been whirling about in my brain.  There are worse ways to live, though.

Week 22's play, The Wondrous Machine, was partly inspired by my reading of Sarah Ruhl's In The Next Room; or The Vibrator Play and partly inspired by this week's immersion in Shaw's delightful world, a world that always seems to be a bridge between Victorian decorum and modern outspokenness.  I am definitely not the heir to Shaw's talent (or Ruhl's, for that matter), but I enjoyed my time in that world, if only for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment