Sunday, April 1, 2012

Week 13 - Ain't We Got Fun

This week is the first week I really hit the wall.  I could not for the life of me think about what to write about.  So, I ended up putting off my writing until Sunday evening when I realized I had to write something.  Even if it was pure, unadulterated crap.  So, here is the first play I've written for this project that I'm a bit 'meh' about.  Week 13's play is Ain't We Got Fun.  The title is, of course, from a song written in the 1920s and the play takes place in the 1920s.  I've been reading a lot of F. Scott Fitzgerald recently and I think this week's play reflects that reading.  All I have to say is thank goodness for reading Fitzgerald.  Otherwise, I would have had literally nothing to write about this week.

So, for next week, if any of you have any play ideas or even just want to give me a word to riff off of, I would be most appreciative.

1 comment:

  1. It happens sometimes. But you can always revise! :)

    I learned something interesting recently. The origin of the word gimmick is American slang for a mechanical device that a gambler would use to cheat or that a magician would use to do a magic trick. There's a story in there somewhere. :)

    ReplyDelete