Sunday, March 25, 2012

Week 12 - Waiting for Falbo

Hello hello!  This was an exciting week for me.  An essay I wrote was published on Ms. Magazine's blog, thanks to the generosity of friend Aviva Dove-Viebahn.  You can read the post here:

Ms. Magazine Blog

Other friends have joined forces against the War on Women.  They have started a movement online (Wear White for Women's Rights) that is picking up steam and fans all around the world (Neil Gaiman, among others.)  You can read more about THAT here:

Wear All White for Women's Rights

I will be among the many wearing all white on April 2nd to protest the recent treatment of women by Congress and members of the media.  Read up on the movement and please join us!

With all these great and exciting things happening, I almost forgot - I had a play to write this week!  Don't worry, I wrote it.  My week 12 play is titled Waiting for Falbo.  It is a short take-off on Waiting for Godot, featuring some of my friends.  You ever have those moments in conversation when you think "this should be in a play?"  I have a lot of moments of Beckettian absurdity with these particular friends, so I thought it would be entertaining to put it on paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment