Sunday, March 4, 2012

Week Nine - Cat Talk

Well, hello from Week Nine.  Next week will be a big milestone because I will finally be in the double digits, Week Ten for this project.  I'm really proud that I've been able to keep this going for two months and a week.  As a champion procrastinator, this is an accomplishment for me.  I look forward to continuing.

Originally, I was going to respond to the whole War on Women political/cultural mess that seems to be happening now.  I will probably write a response to it at some point in the weeks to come.  This week, as I sat down to write, I decided not to immediately go to my angry place as my creative default.  Anger can be a useful firestarter, but I feel it shouldn't be your only creative fuel.  So, instead, this week I wrote a play about my pets.  It's called Cat Talk and it centers around two cats of differing temperaments and...a dog.  As I've imagined the play, the actors are not costumed as animals, further showing the domestic animals we all love as recognizably human.

No comments:

Post a Comment