Sunday, March 11, 2012

Week 10 - Good Girl Gone Bad

And...here we are, folks.  Week Ten.  I am now officially in the double digits for this project.  Cue fireworks, cheering crowds, champagne popping, etc. :)

I am running into a sort of odd problem.  I keep having trouble naming my characters.  I try to avoid naming them after people I know simply because you always run the risk that they may or may not be flattered by their fictional counterpart, even if the fictional counterpart shares nothing with them but a name.  Maybe I just don't know enough names.  If any playwrights or writers have run into similar problems, write me back and let me know how you handle it.  Maybe I should buy a book of baby names?

This week's play is titled Good Girl Gone Bad.  It's tough to talk about it without giving too much away.  It's about a mother and a daughter.  The daughter shares a secret with the mother, and things (as they often do) don't turn out the way she hoped.  The play's themes are controversial as it deals with the birth control/abortion/war on women rumpus.  So, it might not be everyone's cup of tea for that reason.  It might also be a bit soap opera-y.  Ah well, onward and upward.  Only 42 more weeks to go...

2 comments:

  1. http://www.babynames.com/ would do basically the same thing as a baby name book. Keep it up, Bonnie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You could also use the excuse of "Well you see, I knew this OTHER person named [insert their name here]" ;)

    ReplyDelete