Sunday, February 19, 2012

Week 7 - Blocked

This week's play was probably the most challenging one for me to write so far.  I've been dealing with some personal issues that have made me very angry.  When I sat down to start writing this week's play, I could not get started.  The anger was clouding the creative part of my mind.  I had the dreaded Writer's Block.  I started feeling a little panicky that I might not make my deadline.  What if this was the end of 52 plays?  So, I stopped.  I stopped staring at my laptop, went downstairs, watched the news, ate some dinner, and then came back to my computer.  And I started to write out the anger.  And it felt good.

This week's play is called Blocked.  It is about a writer struggling with writer's block and the disapproving voices in her head that are all too real to her.  But this time, instead of simply listening to the voices, she talks back.

Well, they say "write what you know."  I was angry and struggling this week, so I wrote about it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment