Sunday, February 12, 2012

Week 6 - Good

Okay, I've made it to week six.  So, I think it's safe to say that I have gotten into the habit of writing.  Yay. :) Now, to keep it going...

My Week 6 play is called Good.  It's a bit hard to summarize.  Basically, it's the story of the growing up that happens when you find out that someone you revere is fallible.  And human.  The play sort of poured out of me today.  After I finished writing it, I had that odd moment when life imitates art, as I found out that someone I have long admired and respected did something unforgivable.  Part of growing up is watching your heroes fall.  That happened to me today.

2 comments:

  1. Ever read "The Wednesday Wars" by Gary Schmidt? It's a kids book full of Shakespeare but there's a bit in it where a kid finds out that his baseball playing hero is not a hero.

    "When gods die, they die hard. It's not like thy fade away, or grow old, or fall asleep. They die in fire and pain, and when they come out of you, they leave your guts burned. It hurts more than anything you can talk about. And maybe worst of all is, you're not sure if there will ever be another god to fill their place. Or if you's ever want another god to fill their place. You don't want fire to go out inside of you twice."

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never read that book, Clara, but that's a beautiful quote. I'll have to check it out...

    ReplyDelete